The 2017 New Mexico Class Championship Chess Tournament
When & Where:
May 27th, 28th 2017
Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1901 University Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102
All current registered players are listed here
Chief Tournament Director: Peter Lattimore
Assistant Tournament Directors: Will Barela, Annabelle Romero & Larry Kemp
Fischer and Lasker sections are open to everyone regardless of residence:
1. Fischer* (rating at least 1600), entry fee $45 (free entry to anyone rated 2200 or above, entry fee deducted from any prize awarded)
2. Lasker* (rating lower than 1600 or unrated), entry fee $40
Class A to E sections limited to New Mexico residents:
3. Class A* (rating 1800 – 1999), entry fee $30
4. Class B* (rating 1600 – 1799), entry fee $30
5. Class C* (rating 1400 – 1599), entry fee $30
6. Class D* (rating 1200 – 1399), entry fee $30
7. Class E* (rating 1000 – 1199), entry fee $30
The sub-1000 sections are open to everyone regardless of residence:
8. Morphy** (Saturday only, rating 600 – 999 or unrated), entry fee $15
9. Benko** (Saturday only, rating 300 – 599 or unrated), entry fee $15
10. Evans** (Saturday only, rating 100 – 299 or unrated), entry fee $15
11. Marshall** (Sunday only, rating 600 – 999 or unrated), entry fee $15
12. Byrne** (Sunday only, rating 300 – 599 or unrated), entry fee $15
13. Bisguier** (Sunday only, rating 100 – 299 or unrated), entry fee $15
*rounds at 9:30 am, 2 pm, 5:45 pm Saturday; 10 am, 2 pm Sunday; G/90;d/5
**rounds at 9:30 am, 11:15 am, 2:00 pm, 3:45 pm each day; you may play either day or both; G/40;d0
•Fischer, Lasker based on registrations
•Class A to E: first prize includes NMCO Chess Team t-shirt, free entry & lunch at the NM vs CO match, and a refund of the entry fee for this tournament.
•Below 1000 sections: medals for first, second, third in each section.
•Entries received by midnight MDT May 20th, 2017 receive a $5 discount; deadline for Paypal entries: 9 pm May 26th; deadline for checks: received by May 25th.
•USCF membership required (not available for purchase at tournament).
•On-site registration will only be available between 10 am and noon Saturday (or Sunday for Marshall, Byrne and Bisguier sections), and includes a $15 late fee and first round ½ point bye.
•Paypal accepted; checks payable to NMCO, P.O. Box 4215, Albuquerque NM 87196. See nmchess.org for more details and entry form.
•One ½ pt. bye available to each player; zero pt. byes available whenever needed. ½ bye must be declared before 9:00 am Saturday.
•Bring your own chess pieces, board, clock and writing instrument(s); none supplied.
•Call tournament organizer Peter Lattimore at (505) 710-3420 if any questions or assistance needed.
Crowne Plaza Hotel mention NMCO Chess Tournament for $84/night room rates on May 26, 27, 28.
Secure Check Out Forms Below: